• PRICE DECREASE on DStv Premium by 2.52%, DStv Compact Plus by 5.61%, DStv Compact by 5.43%, DStv Family by 10.11% and DStv Access by 13.16%
MULTICHOICE Uganda has announced downward adjustments on its DStv subscription prices across all bouquets, effective on 01 November as the pay TV continues its commitment to ensure DStv customers get the best international and local channels at affordable prices.
The move is part of the company’s strategy to deliver more value to its customers in addition to its recent initiative in providing La Liga games to the DStv Family package as well as added great lifestyle and kiddies programming. In addition, SuperSport recently secured the rights to broadcast WWE programming live for the first time ever across sub-Saharan Africa over and above the great coverage we offer of international Football leagues.
While addressing journalists at a press conference to announce the price reduction, Charles Hamya, General Manager MultiChoice Uganda said, “We recognise that our customers are living in tough economic times and want to reward them for their ongoing loyalty and support by providing the best local and international entertainment. We want to do our part by adjusting the price of our DStv packages through making them more affordable while adding more value at the same time.”
He continued, “The majority of our input costs are in US dollars and we hope we won’t experience any further currency devaluations or other unexpected increases in costs for the remainder of the year. We will continue to review pricing from time to time, taking into account the economic conditions of our operations.”
The new pricing is stated as below:
Package Current Price New Price % drop
Premium UGX 287 250 UGX 280 000 2.52%
Compact Plus UGX 190 700 UGX 180 000 5.61%
Compact UGX 121 600 UGX 115 000 5.43%
Family UGX 66 750 UGX 60 000 10.11%
Access UGX 38 000 UGX 33 000 13.16%
Over the last two years, MultiChoice has executed its customer promise by providing best entertainment – combining both quality and variety – at a reduced rate to ensure access to great family entertainment.
• In February 2016, we brought two of the world’s best football leagues, the English Premier League (EPL) and La Liga to DStv Compact customers. Plus, we added seven entertainment channels and opened up Box Office and DStv Catch Up.
• In April 2016, we introduced a “no price increase” to provide relief to our customers in the current tough economic conditions.
• Then in October 2016, we reduced our prices in some countries and added another six great entertainment channels to the Compact Plus bouquet.
• Earlier this month, August 2017 we brought all the Spanish La Liga games to DStv Family and added 3 new international channels (BBC Lifestyle, Food Network and Cbeebies). All countries – excluding Nigeria and Ghana – will also get Africa Magic Epic on DStv Access while Trace Mziki will be available in East African markets.
“These downwards adjustments to DStv packages reinforces our commitment to ensuring that our customers receive the best possible access to great entertainment and outstanding value, said Hamya. “Entertainment is a powerful way to tell stories that open our minds, bring people together around shared passions, and connect us to new realities. It makes us laugh and cry. It informs, it educates and it inspires. As a Video Entertainment company our role is to enrich lives of our customers across the various territories we operate in,” said Hamya.
In addition to that DStv has announced its festive offer for customers dubbed Blue Christmas. The promotion will see numerous customers of DStv who either purchase the full kit at UGX 132,500 or re-subscribe to compact, compact plus and premium win themselves exciting prizes ranging from weekend getaway trips for 2, subscription and branded items. Additionally customers of DStv Compact or DStv Compact Plus who pay on time will view all Sport channels available on DStv Premium for a week after 31st December 2017. Whereas DStv Access and DStv Family customers who pay on time will view all Sports channels available to DStv Compact for a week after 31st December 2017’ said Phoebe Nakabazzi, Marketing Manager DStv.
The price drop takes effect from 1st November 2017.