British Airways has launched a ‘Lifetime Recognition’ award for Gold Members of its loyalty scheme, the Executive Club.
The scheme will enable customers who collect 35,000 or more Lifetime Tier Points over the course of their membership to retain their Gold status for life.
Faith Chaitezvi BA Country Commercial Manager said, “This is about us recognising our most loyal customers who fly very regularly with us gathering Tier Points and Avios at the moment. When they stop flying so regularly their tier status drops. As an airline, we know that our customers want to continue being recognised for all their years of loyal custom, something we’re reacting to.
The Lifetime Tier Points are calculated by adding up all the tier points ever collected by a customer over the course of their Executive Club membership. Customers can track the number they have collected on ba.com.
This means customers can continue to enjoy all the benefits of Gold membership for life, irrespective of how much flying they continue to do, including:
- Double Avios whenever they fly with British Airways
- The opportunity to reserve the airline’s best seats
- Additional reward seats only for Gold Members
- Priority First class check-in with all British Airways and oneworld® flights
- The luxury of British Airways’ lounges shared with a guest
- Generous additional checked baggage allowance for all cabins
- Special privileges at some of the world’s most luxurious hotels
British Airways will automatically renew the Gold Executive Card for eligible customers every year.