- The new Asus Fonepad™ 7 tablet powered by the latest Intel® Atom™ Multi-Core processor has launched in Uganda.
- The 7-inch tablet is available in MTN Service Centres countrywide at 450,000/-, comes fully connected with 1GB free Internet and has a free sleek tablet cover.
- Fonepad™ 7 is a perfect combination of a tablet and a smartphone in one single device
ASUS, the worldwide top 3 consumer notebook and tablet brand, together with Intel East Africa today announced the availability of the ASUS Fonepad™ 7 in Uganda.The newFonepad™ 7offers 3G connectivity & calling features of a smartphone, with the versatility of a 7-inch Android tablet. Powered by the latest Intel® Atom™ Multi-Core Z2520 processor with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology, customers can expect fast and responsive web-browsing as well as smooth streaming of HD videos and games. It will be available in MTN Service Centres countrywide at only 450,000/-
The ASUS Fonepad™7 fully supports the Android 4.4 Kitkat* upgrade and features a vibrant 7″ LED Backlight WSVGA (1024×600) TN screen with 140 degree view angle, outstanding clarity and uncompromising multitasking capabilities. Other key features include: dual cameras, 10 hours battery life, 30 hours talk time on 3G, 4GB of inbuilt storage and free additional 5GB Lifetime ASUS WebStorage for syncing and sharing data with other devices.
“We are very excited to bring this tablet to Uganda. Designed to fit every aspect of the increasingly important mobile lifestyle, be it reading ebooks, browsing, calling, play games, or keeping up with friends on social media, we believe the Fonepad™ 7will be a top tablet choice for consumers throughout the country”, said Chris Wen product manager Asus East Africa. “By incorporating 3G mobile data connectivity with full telephony support, we have made the ASUS Fonepad™7 the perfect combination of a tablet and a phone in one single device at an affordable price”, he added
The ASUS Fonepad™ 7 is ideal for people who value both the voice communication features of a smartphone and the entertainment opportunities offered by a tablet, but prefer the convenience of carrying just one device.
“Intel is investing in tablets and laptop technologies that meet all user requirements to ensure Africa is equipped and connected. We are therefore veryproud to join ASUS in launchingthe Fonepad™ 7 in Uganda. This is an innovative productthat addresses the emerging market andis pricedcompetitively.It offersgreat performance, longer battery life and fast web browsing capabilities,” said Danie Steyn, General Manger for Intel East Africa. “This is just the beginning. Together with our partners, we will significantly increase the urgency to introduce a range of innovative and differentiated offerings that will shape the future of this segment” he added.
Urging consumers to visit MTN Service Centres and experience the new ASUS Fonepad™7*, Kenneth Kiddu the Ag. Chief Marketing Officer at MTN said, the company is committed to bringing affordable and relevant devices to Ugandans from all walks of life.
“In line with the MTN’s mission of delivering a bold, new digital world, MTN Uganda offers all its customers free 15MB every month. Since last year it has also engaged its customers with regional Internet expos to provide a platform for interaction with the latest Internet solutions and devices and also to offer opportunity for customers to acquire the latest Internet enabled devices”, Kiddu said.
The ASUS Fonepad™ 7 comes with a number of exclusive ASUS productivity apps: Floating App for easy management of running apps and multi-tasking; SuperNote lite for handwritten notes and drawing; and WebStorage Office Online for Microsoft Office-compatible document editing on the move.
Other exciting free Apps developed with support from Intel’s Software Services Group that will be available on the ASUS Fonepad™ are:
- Tube Videos: A media player that gives a variety of video categories to its users and aggregates from various sources such as YouTube, Big think, Teacher tube etc.
- Cool Science: This app is a virtual science laboratory that offers interactions and simulations to its users to understand various science topics. Virtual experiments are also available for a user to learn from and play with.
- WordPlay: This is a game application which allows you to play with words. The application selects a letter randomly which must be used by a player to create a word.
- Africa Legends: A series of stories based African folklore and Legends. The comic and game take ancient stars and brings them to modern day Africa challenges
For a full product demonstration, please visit any MTN Shop in Uganda or log on http://www.asus.com/Tablets/ASUS_Fonepad_7_FE170CG/specifications/ for detailed product specs.