…Buying a movie ticket has become as easy as loading airtime…
Airtel Uganda todayannounced a new & richer platform for mobile money customers to enjoy. The company made added a new feature to theirrevamped mobile money platform which includes being able to buy movie tickets by use of Airtel Money thus building on Airtel’s priorities to continually improve the consumer experience and to be Uganda’s most loved brand.
In attendance at the launch were representatives from The Hub, Cineplex and Airtel Directors. This comes from a just concluded partnership with DSTV, GoTV, UMEME andNational Water and Sewerage Corporation where Airtel offers to pay a customer’s utility bills for a full year. Representing the managing Director, Mr. Prasoon Lal, the Airtel marketing director said: “Airtel Uganda is excited to bring on board yet another partnership which will not only ease payment for cinema tickets but will also create a platform for mass youth engagement and empowerment in Uganda. With such kind of features, the customer can not only use Airtel Money for Home or business purposes but they can now also be able to pay for movie tickets.”
With the new upgrades to the Airtel Money platforms customers now get wider access through nationwide agents and transact with one single code *185# to send and receive money across networks at the lowest rates and enjoy more services on Airtel Money.
Representing the Hub Entertainment Mrs. Marion Busingye, Director Film Exhibition and Distribution, expressed gratitude for Airtel Uganda for providing a channel through which Cinema payments could be eased and promoting the youth voice in Uganda.
The extensive proficiency of Airtel’s partners in their respective fields has allowed the company to collaborate with some of the best and most respected businesses to bring consumers in the mobile services space a secure environment. Airtel Money customers can experience more new and innovative services and ways to send money to their loved ones.
The platform provides instant services when using your Airtel Money to transfer money at your convenience. The services include;
1. Send money across networks at the most affordable rates as low as 450/=
2. Top up airtime, for both self and other Airtel customer and get Bonuses
3. Pay bills (UMEME, NWSC, Multiplex, URA & all pay TVs – DStv/GoTv, TVNext, StarTimes, ZukuTv, MoTv) instantly and more conveniently.
4. Withdraw money the easiest & most convenient way, either at an agent point or ATM (Equity Bank, GTB, Interswitch). The agent spread is now wider for your reach.
5. Mobile Banking – access your bank account now with Equity Bank.
6. Pay for movie tickets at Cineplex and The Hub (Get one free for every movie ticket bought using Airtel Money)
All this comes with a new friend, guide and confidant that will help you with all your money transfer solutions and that is MR. MONEY. This offer of buying a movie ticket using Airtel Money is valid for Tuesdays at Cineplex and The Hub.
HUB PARTNERSHIP WITH AIRTEL
CINEPLEX CINEMAS is proud to announce the new partnership with AIRTEL. The partnership provides the opportunity for both parties to synergise our services and leverage on the commercial application of Airtel Money and other exciting products. Mobile phone application usage is the fastest growing tool in the service sector worldwide, Uganda inclusive, hence our need to innovate into that area.
The new service which is now active provides Cineplex and Airtel customers with a way to:
1. Pay for tickets any day of the week using the Airtel Money platform from wherever they are, so from the comfort of your office desk, home, favourite hangout you can now pay for tickets and simply collect on your way in. No need to rush
2. Take advantage of the 2 for 1 ticket offers every Wednesday at either Cineplex locations. The customer pays for 1 ticket and gets the second one free
This is the first of many initiatives we are launching which will benefit both the Cineplex and the Airtel customer. This year will see us completing our digital upgrade, expanding our programming to include more diverse product, and broaden our service offering, so we are looking at screening key live sports such as the World Cup.
CINEPLEX CINEMAS is the leading cinema exhibitor in Uganda. We offer the widest variety of movies in Kampala on our 7 screens which are spread across 2 sites Oasis Mall and Garden City. We screen block buster and independent movies from around the world bringing the best in movie entertainment from Hollywood to Bollywood. Last year we launched our 3D service at Oasis Mall which means that now customers can have a choice to watch in either 3D or 2D where available.